Strain sensor with full-bridge strain gauge
- Very flat design with only 6.5 mm height
- Strain sensor with mV/V-output (strain gauge measuring bridge)
- For static and dynamic applications
- For force, weight and deformation measurements
- Measuring very small strains in rigid structures
The surface strain sensor X-103 monitors the strain between its two mounting screws and amplifies this mechanically. In this way the strain is concentrated in the measuring area and can therefore be measured using a resistive strain gauge bridge.
These strain sensors are used if the mV/V-signal of a strain gauge measuring bridge is used or if more than one strain sensor should be connected in parallel. This is the case for weight measurements and for force measurement at several tie-bars of a press. The strain sensor will generate a proportional strain gauge bridge signal (mV/V) depending on the stress of the structure.
An extremly solid steelhousing, combined with IP65 protection guarantees troublefree operation, even under harsh and rugged environment conditions.
This strain sensor is suitable for static and dynamic applications:
- Force measurement in machineries (e.g. presses, welding tongs, assembly machines)
- Force measurement in presses and injection-molding machines
- Determination of weight by measuring the deformation in the weight-bearing structure. This is a cost-effective way to retrofit existing construction, e.g. a silo, with a weight measurement.
- Monitoring of mechanical deformation at components
- Monitoring of loads at constructions and buildings in order to avoid critical overloading