X-318 MQTT Cloud-Gateway
From the sensor to the cloud: WLAN gateway for strain gauge sensors
With the WLAN Cloud Gateway you can connect force sensors, load cells and strain sensors with strain gauge full bridges to the cloud.
The special feature of the WLAN gateway from X-Sensors is the data transmission via the MQTT interface. The sensor data is sent to a MQTT broker that can be freely selected by the customer. This can be either a cloud-based or a locally operated MQTT server. So it is possible to set up or operate an MQTT broker yourself in order to keep full control over your own data. The MQTT cloud server can also be provided or set up by X-Sensors on request. X-Sensors does not use a proprietary cloud solution and ensures therefore high data flexibility and independence with the MQTT protocol.
For data transmission to the cloud, X-Sensors relies on a WLAN connection and the established MQTT protocol. “MQTT” is a very lean and secure protocol and is therefore ideal for IIoT applications. Communication between the sender and receiver always takes place via an MQTT broker, also known as a distributor: The WLAN Sensor Gateway sends (publish) its measurement data to a specific topic to the MQTT broker. The recipient, also called the client, subscribes to the topic (subscript) and then receives the sensor data from the MQTT broker.
The following applications are possible with the new WLAN gateway with MQTT connection:
- Setting up specific monitoring web services, apps and visualizations for remote monitoring (e.g. monitoring of fill levels at tanks or silos)
- Acquisition of measurement data and transfer to a cloud for remote maintenance
- Implementation of predictive maintenance and big data applications for predictive planning of service operations
- Data transmission using the MQTT protocol
- Data processing using common IoT platforms or a RESTful API
- 2-4 sensors can be connected
- Large input range from 1.0 mV/V to 4.0 mV/V for the universal connection of resistive strain and force sensors and loadcells
- 4-20 mA input for the connection of common industrial sensors
- Cost-effective without a monthly basic fee
Are you interested?
Contact us, we would be happy to discuss your application with you.